Monday, April 26, 2010

Picture/Info OVERLOAD!!!

FYI - Pictures can be clicked on to view larger!
 Nummy Nummy


Hayden helped me make puppy chow and since he was so good, he got to lick the spoon!  In his words, "nummy, nummy!
Baptism
Sara's Baptism was in March - she did such a great job and we are so honored to be her Godparents.  We even got to go swimming that weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's hotel.
Sioux Falls
The last weekend of March we met up with our friends Mitch, Michele and Kesley (she is a month younger than Hayden) in Sioux Falls - they live in Rapid City.  We were also able to visit one of my best friends from college Anna and her husband Brian - they live in Sioux Falls.  We had a great time hanging out, swimming with the kids, shopping and just catching up with great friends.  
Chinese Night
The Friday before Easter we had a Chinese night with some good friends in Forman.  The Hoistad's have been family friends since before my sister and I were born.  We all made the meal together, the kids played together and we had an awesome time together.  We all decided it will have to be an annual tradition. 
 
Easter
We had a great Easter.  We had my parents up to Lisbon for a quiet day.  We started out the morning by going to church.  Afterwards we came home and Hayden found his Easter basket and then we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at my good friend Susanne's.  It was so much fun.  If you remember for my post last year about the Golden Girls it was all of our kids that joined in on the fun.  Hayden had such a good time and didn't quite know why on earth he should be picking up the eggs, until he realized that there was candy in them! :)
Las Vegas
We went to Las Vegas April 14th - 19th.  It was so much fun.  We left Wed. night and went with our good friends Ann and Chad.  Chad's sister Katie and her husband, Nick, live in Las Vegas and were so nice to let us stay with the for the entire time.  We arrive late on Wed. night, so we just hung out and chatted.  On Thursday the guys went golfing and girls went to a resort for some lounging by the pool and spa treatments.  That evening we went out to a awesome meal at Maggiano's.  After that we walked the strip for awhile and did a little gambling.  Friday we went to Hoover Damn and then out to a Dueling Piano bar.  We had such a great time and definitely made a name for North Dakota. :)  On Saturday we rented a Cabana at the M Resort and laid by the pool all day long (my idea of a good time!) Sunday we hung out some more, went to a casino for supper and then went to Fremont Street to see that. 
Hayden & Lucy got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Enger while we were gone.  They both got to go for daily Bobcat and tractor rides and I am sure wore Grandma Joy and Grandpa Randy out!  They even go to take Hayden to his very first ER visit.:(  On Saturday they took him in because he was coughing pretty hard and it turned out he had pnemonia.  Not a fun call to get while you are on vacation!   But they gave him a couple shots and an antibiotic and they said he was feeling much better the next day.  We missed him terribly but it was nice to have a little adult fun.  We are so thankful that Joy and Randy were so willing to watch them and we know how much they both absolutely love the farm.  We were a little worried that neither would want to come home.  But on Tuesday morning when I went to pick them up they were both excited (as was I!!) to see me! 
John & Sara Come to Visit!!
The first two pictures below are a couple I swiped from my sister of John & Sara!
The rest are from this past weekend.  Emily made the long trip alone with the kids for a long weekend.  It was nice to spend a good chunk of time together without really having to do anything.  We went for lots of walks, played outside, went to the park, dug in the dirt, went golfing and John went on his very first Bobcat ride.  He didn't know what to think of it at first.  So Hayden, being the seasoned Bobcat rider that he is, went first and showed John the ropes.  After Hayden's ride, John went and thought it was the best thing.  Our good friend Kevin took them for their rides and works for Bobcat and every year gives them Bobcats (when he visits dressed as Santa)  We miss them already!!

Training
Well......it was going SUPER SUPER SUPER well up until the week before our trip.  That week I got my runs in on Monday and Wednesday like I had planned and my shin/ankle started giving me some problems.  I was also able to run once during our trip and of course we did a lot of walking.  But when we came back it was so swollen and sore I took a week off from running and only went for walks to let it rest and heal.  Tonight was my first run back.  I only did 2.5 and also did a 1.5 mile walk with Hayden today.  It is feeling better and I am using my orthodics to help with my poor arches.  So I am hoping to get back up to up to my pre-shin distance of 4 by the end of the week
since the race is under 4 weeks away!  So I will need to push through this.  I'm trying to be optimistic!  I'll keep you updated!
Job 
This last week I gave my notice for my part-time job with ND Farmers Union.  I started this position in January and although I feel very bad that it was such a short time with them it was not working out for my family.  The schedule was very sporadic and Jason and I felt it would be best if I stayed home more.  I think at this position was just not suited for someone with a young family and having to line up daycare.  I enjoyed meeting the people that I did and hope that I will be able to keep in touch with them.  I will continue to work for ND Farmers Union Insurance one day a week as a means of getting out, a little extra cash and for Hayden to see others other than me! :)    

Thanks for getting through this VERY lengthy post!  I promise next one will NOT be this long and I will do a better job of keeping up to date! 

1 comment:

Lisa's Yarns said...

Thanks for bringing us up to speed on what you've been up to! The photos are all fanstastic! You look so tan in that picture of you & Jason in Vegas. I am so ready to trade in my pasty, casperish skin for more tanned skin when I go to Tucson to visit Abby next month.

It's so tough to make decisions about jobs, isn't it? I felt the same way when I left my job. It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made because, well, we aren't 'quitters', you know? But it's so important to assess whether something is the right fit or not - and obviously this job wasn't the right fit for you. So good for you for putting your family & happiness first!

I hope your shin/ankle problems get better soon. Not at all fun to deal with. I had to take pretty much a whole month off from running when I was having knee trouble and it was so frustrating. I am back at it now & running pretty much painfree so that is good.